Climate or seasonal changes are definite to cause hair fall in most of us; and hair loss often triggers a panic button for both men and women. We delve a little deeper into the subject to give some expert tips...
A hair loss of about 100 strands a day is considered normal by dermatologists but during seasonal change it becomes double especially during summer, rainy and winter season.
Cold weather is particularly harsh on hair as it causes dryness, brittleness, frizziness, dandruff, split ends and excessive hair fall and during summer due to unavoidable exposure to sunlight the scalp sweats too much and clogs the pores of hair and leads to hair fall. In the rainy season, the rainwater is bad for your hair because it comes mixed with the pollutants in the air and cause hair fall.
Divita Kanoria, Chief Wellness Officer, Tatha Salon said, "Hair loss is very common with changing weather. Vitamin D or melatonin deficiency during winter months, or spring and summer allergies may cause seasonal hair loss. It is better to go for a mild ‘Tatha’ anti-hairfall shampoo and hair oil to fight with hair loss."
Seasonal hair loss is a very common problem and may only last 4 to 6 weeks but it keep you worried. You cannot stop the seasonal changes but can take care and precaution to prevent hair loss.
- Do hot coconut oil massage into your scalp at least twice a week, especially to those seasons during which your hair is prone to dryness.
- You can use curd to keep your hair nourished but avoid pack of henna, as it makes the hair more dry.
- Try to avoid ironing, perming, hair coloring or hair styling as these cause hair damage and result in more hair fall.
- Also do not let your hair open always during the changing season. While going out you can tie your hair in fashionable hairstyles and plait your hair before you go to bed to reduce hair fall.
- When getting exposed to the sun, you can use protective clothing like scarves and hats and also use umbrella to protect your hair from harmful ultraviolet rays emitted by the sun.
- It is advisable by hair experts not to comb your hair while it is wet hair is much easier to pull off from its roots. Also coconut water is seen to be a good hair growth remedy due to its healthy properties and mineral content.
Hair loss is never a welcomed thing for women. It is seasonal and one cannot stop it but one can definitely take some step to lessen it.
Article Source : Feme Fashions