Just when you thought that the existence of classic blue denims, a genius by the then very young Levis Strauss, was in danger thanks to the rise of leggings, jeggings and treggings….candy colored denims marked their arrival as the biggest fall/winter trend to further fuel the competition!
Be it a juicy orange, flaming red, tantalizing turquoise, shocking pink, mint green or a lemon yellow….colored denims have got to find a place in your stack of trustworthy denims this season. Celebrities like Victoria Beckham, Rihanna, Cameron Diaz, Alexa Chung, Whitney Port, etc have all been spotted wearing their colored skinnies. While the colored bottom trend might not be for the faint hearted, the possibilities of playing with this season’s latest addiction are endless.
Wondering how to spruce up your colored denims? I tell you five different ways to wear your colored denims!
1) Remember that old boring tee that you wear to college with your faded denims every second week? Get that out and wear it with bright coral denims that snugly embrace your legs this time around. Carry a tan satchel, throw on some chunky jewelry and treat your feet to a pair of studded gladiators. Whoa....you are ready to rock this casual chic look!
2) Class speaks when a silk cream button down shirt is impeccably paired with an ink blue pair of well fitting denims. Add a dash of pearls to the silk with a statement cocktail ring and wear your highest heels in nude. Don't forget to paint your pout. You will turn out as a charmer for the event.
3) Dig retro? The colored denims trend is perfect to bring back the retro vibe. Polka dots, heart motifs, zebra stripes and anything that is black and white is a sure stunner with any of your colored denims, a flaming red pair like I have chosen here for instance. Perch those geeky glasses with this outfit to ace the look!
4) Fall/Winter is the perfect excuse to get out those blazers and bolero jackets that gather dust through the year. Mute those hot pink denims by wearing a beige or black blazer over a sheer tank top. Accessorize innovatively with this look. A statement oversized clutch for example will perfectly compliment the elegance.
5) As much as I want the color-blocking trend to be a thing of the past, it is a great way to pair your colored denims with contrasting colors. Look at the color wheel for inspiration and choose from monochromes, complementary or an analogous palette. Confidence is the best accessory to complete this look.
So if you think you got what it takes to wear this trend, get your hands on one...while I choose between an orange or a turqoise pair!
Article Source : www.theglamgang.com
Submitted by Guest Blog on Sun, 09/11/2011 - 16:51