We like the bright sunshiny days of summer. But do we also like the sun burns that we get , when we go out in the sun? NO! that is the worst part of the summer, you get bad sun burns!. Over exposure to sun rays and the ultraviolet light is the common cause of sun burns. Sun burns not only look bad but they can also damage the skin really bad.
Here are some very easy ways to treat sun burns this summer :
- An effective remedy for treating sunburn would be to apply a cloth dipped in milk on the affected area. This would provide relief from the burn.
- Another effective remedy would be to rub the affected area with mustard oil. Apart from removing the burn, it would also provide relief from the itching.
- Apply sliced cucumber or potato on the sun-burnt area. They would provide a soothing effect to the area.
- Lavender oil is beneficial in treating sunburn. Apply it on the affected area to get relief from the pain and itching.
- Take some sandalwood powder and water. Prepare a paste from the two and apply on the affected area. This is sure to relieve a person from the burning sensation.
- In a bowl, mix tomato juice and buttermilk, in the ratio of 1:6. Apply this on the sun burnt area. Wash it after 30 minutes.
- Mix equal proportions of olive oil and vinegar and apply on the affected area. Wash this after about an hour. This will bring relief from the sunburn.
- Another effective home remedy would be to mix barley flour, honey and raw egg, to make a paste. Apply this paste over the sun-burnt area and wash off after sometime.
- Take some water in a bowl and put lettuce leaves in it. Place it on flame and bring to a boil. Once it has cooled down, strain the liquid and apply it on the affected area, using cotton balls.
- Before bathing, pour a cup of white cider vinegar into the bathtub and enjoy a long bath. This would provide relief from the sunburn.
- Mix wheat flour, milk and olive oil to make a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area. After the paste dries, wash it off.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel on the affected area proves beneficial in treating sunburns.
- In a blender, mix 2 tomatoes and 1 cucumber and make a puree. To this, add a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this paste over the suntanned and sun-burnt skin. Once dry, dab the puree once again. Repeat the process three times. It would help remove the burn and also add a glow to the skin.
- Boil some cabbage leaves and mash them. Apply the mashed cabbage over the tanned and sun-burnt areas. Wash off it after 15 minutes.
- Rubbing green gourd on the affected areas, 3 to 4 times a day, is helpful in removing the sunburn.
- A mixture of honey and lime is effective in treating sunburn. In 2 tbsp of honey, add a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this over the affected area. It would help lighten the tan and ease off the pain as well.
- In 3 tablespoons of milk, add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder. Apply this all over the affected area. Once dry, wet it a little and rub in circular motions, before rinsing it off with cool water.