The origin of Cakes dates back to the ancient times. The most fundamental ingredients of cake are flour, nuts, eggs, milk, and sugar. The earliest word for cake was "plakous" which came for the Greeks. In ancient times, there were different names for the cakes in different eras, like "satura," "placenta," "Libum." Nowadays, There are thousands of cake verities available in market. The most popular is chocolate cake. Chocolate is perfect with fruits like strawberry, pineapple, banana; but in this recipe, I combined chocolate with orange is really yummy. I used orange zest, which has natural oil and citrus. I have to confess, I am a chocoholic so I used extra-milk chocolate for the cake.
1-3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour 1
-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1-1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1-1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
5 tbsp Milk Chocolate, melted
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Whole Milk
1 cup Hot Water
1/2 tsp Salt
Zest of one Orange 1 tsp
Freshly-Squeezed Orange Juice
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease baking pan with butter-flavor non-stick cooking spray.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
3. Add milk, oil, vanilla, orange zest, orange juice, melted milk chocolate. Add one egg at a time. Beat mixture until the both eggs(one by one) is mixed properly with batter.
4. Add boiling water to it and stir properly until the batter is smooth. Pour batter into pans.
5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Insert wooden pick in center of cake. If it's comes out clean, that is the indication that cake is done. Cool it completely.
6. Dust powder sugar on top of cake and serve.
Submitted by Vegetarian Medley on Wed, 06/16/2010 - 18:48